When journalism needs
a second opinion
When journalists act responsibly, I defend them. When they do wrong, I can be their sternest critic. When they want to learn to get better, I show them how.
My unique journalism experience makes me sought after as an expert witness in legal proceedings involving issues of journalistic practice like libel and protection of sources.
- Senior news executive for 13 years at Canada’s largest newspaper
- Chaired Canada’s largest journalism school for 10 years
- Wrote Yesterday's News, a critically acclaimed book on Canadian newspapers
- Won national and provincial awards for investigative reporting
- Successful record as an expert witness – for both plaintiffs and media organizations – in three provinces